Tkd - Cross platform GUI toolkit based on Tcl/Tk

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 10:46:02 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 06:49:40 UTC, Stef Kariotidis wrote:
> I have one question, is there by chance a way to extend Tk in D
> in order to create a grid like widget (excel, winforms grid
> view look alike)?
>
> If yes any hints would be much appreciated. IMHO, two widgets
> are missing in Tk-Tkinter a grid as mentioned above and a web
> view.

These widgets are not supported in Tcl/Tk by itself but could be
added at any time. The Tkinter ones (and there is many) are
community written using Tkinter (in Python), Tcl or as C
extensions. I guess we could do the same if there is enough
demand.

Tkd is not meant to be an all singing all dancing GUI toolkit
(such as Gtk or Qt) but rather a simple toolkit for simple UI's.
If you need something built quickly with a simple UI (a prototype
perhaps) use Tkd. If you're building the next Steam or Spotify
use Qt/Gtk.