DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.3

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 11:24:08 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-04 10:40, Chris wrote:

> Weird, I did try the zero at the end (as described on the homepage*),
> yet I got an error. Maybe I typed a comma instead of a "." without
> realizing it. However, I'm almost sure I didn't type the zero when
> installing 2.066 and I got the right version.

DVM just takes the argument you give it, in this case 2.066. Then it
prepends "dmd." and appends ".zip" forming something like this:

dmd.2.066.zip

Then it prepends "ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/" to that filename. If there
is a file matching that name in the Digital Mars FTP it will work. As
you can see, there is no file named "dmd.2.066.zip", so you must have
used "2.066.0".

> If you've seen this mistake several times, maybe it would be good to
> point it out under "Usage". And maybe having/trying more than one mirror
> would be good too, if it makes sense for DVM.

There is no mirror, as far as I know.

--
/Jacob Carlborg