Release D 2.068.0

Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 08:41:37 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 13:09:16 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 12:24:36 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
> Scherkl wrote:
>> Congrats, but why are there still 6 Regressions / 34 Blockers
>> open in Bugzilla? At least with the one that opens from the
>> main D page /resouces/bugtracker.
>> Is this a different tracker that's not up to date?
>
> Regarding regressions: I think the policy is to not release
> with new regressions. That is, regressions from before 2.068
> don't block the release.
Aha. But if I look into the Regressions that are still open, they
have been worked on and they have pull requests so to me they
look pretty much closed. But the Bug Tracker list them as new -
not even assigned to someone.

> Regarding blockers: As far as I know, "blocker" doesn't mean a
> thing for releases. I think many of those have been labeled
> "blocker" because they block someone in their work, rather than
> blocking a release.
Yeah, I know. But even most of them are far from a state "new", I
would think.
Maybe the state should reflect this progress better, because
these 3000 open and unassigned bug give a much worse impression
of the state of D than the language really is in.
People get easy turned away from D by that look, which I think
would be easy to avoid.