Dgame revived

Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 25 18:57:52 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 02:32:51 UTC, stewarth wrote:

> I'd also try hacking in Window.d directly to see if even basic
> gl commands work, e.g. immediately after window and context
> creation, try rendering a triangle then tweak the context
> initialisation to see if it affects anything.
>
> It may help you track down exactly which part of the GL setup
> is causing problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Stew

I know almost nothing about OpenGL but using your method(sorta):
void reportGLErrors() {
	GLenum errCode;
	const GLubyte *errString;
	if ((errCode = glGetError()) != GL_NO_ERROR)
	{
		writeln("OPEN GL ERROR: ", errCode);

I get error code 1282 repeatedly.

 From a google search someone says:
"First, glGetError() will return 1282 - invalid operation if the
GL context is not current (or not yet created). So, create your
context first, then call glGetError. And, verify that any parent
class or member class does not call GL functions in their
constructors or prior to context being created."

Can someone with more OpenGL knowledge clarify what this means?