"Programming in D" paper book is available for purchase

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 10 12:40:35 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Rory McGuire <rjmcguire at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Paul O'Neil via Digitalmars-d-announce <
> digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/08/2015 02:43 AM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> I understand that you may not have the IngramSpark edition yet, so an
>> answer may have to wait:
>>
>> Which publisher produces the better book?  Is one bound better, etc.?
>>
>> --
>> Paul O'Neil
>> Github / IRC: todayman
>>

> I can tell you that the CreateSpace edition is made from cheap paper with
> a low density (it crushes easily, e.g. by dropping on its corner).
>
> I think I might buy the IngramSpark edition as well if I can get it mainly
> because its a smaller book and I _way_ prefer inline brackets.

In hindsight this email seems a little negative. I would just like to say
in addition to the above that the content of the book and the contents
layout is really very well done.
It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the book. A positive view on
the low density paper is that it is a light book that is easy to read :).

-Rory