Ocean preview finally open sourced

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 1 02:43:53 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 at 16:45:43 UTC, Leandro Lucarella
wrote:
> (although please have a look at the licensing terms, even when
> all our code is Boost, there is code inherited from Tango that
> isn't), criticize it, and if you are really nice, fill issues
> and make pull requests!

I find the licensing a bit confusing. For instance

https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/ocean/blob/v2.x.x/src/ocean/math/Probability.d

Lists the licensing as: Tango 3 BSD Clause + Academic Free
License v3.0.

But the original work Cephes seems to carry this ad-hoc license:
https://github.com/jeremybarnes/cephes/blob/master/readme

«
Some software in this archive may be from the book _Methods and
Programs for Mathematical Functions_ (Prentice-Hall or Simon &
Schuster
International, 1989) or from the Cephes Mathematical Library, a
commercial product. In either event, it is copyrighted by the
author.
What you see here may be used freely but it comes with no support
or
guarantee.

The two known misprints in the book are repaired here in the
source listings for the gamma function and the incomplete beta
integral.
»

Maybe it would be a good idea to sort out the code that is pure
Boost, or obtain a boost license where the authors are known,
because complicated licensing is a hindrance even if the "spirit"
is the same across the licenses.