Vision document for H2 2016

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 11:07:39 PDT 2016

On 07/08/2016 09:51 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> 1. Fixing (all) bugs before doing new things: If I look as a CTO, CIO or
> CEO on D I the first thing I ask is: "Are they doing a lot of new stuff?
> And if, is this thing / last releasae that bullet proof stable that
> there are not annoying open issued?" Any other answer then "yes" would
> get my "no" to use D.

This needs to be balanced with the zeroth thing you ask, which is: "how
does it help us with our work better than the competition?" We're not
working on many new things, but we do work on things that impact that
question.

> 2. Case-Studies: Yes, we have a lot of projects and things going on etc.
> However, beside the "audio plug-in" I'm not so much aware of any D
> products. This even becomes harder to market if there are backend
> use-case / success stories. I thin it makes sense to show, what D has
> been used for, what the advantages are (faster, less cost, better
> maintainability) and how to adopt it.

There are some. I'd love to see such.

> 3. How about a "D Master" online certificate? scrum.org is doing that.
> You have to go through a pretty hard online exam and reach a certain
> point level to become a "Certified Scrum Master". Yes, it might be a bit
> early to think about his line, but IMO better early then late. It just
> shows, that D is taking care about all the non-technical stuff as well,
> which is a decision point for companies.

Will keep that in mind, although there's some stigma associated with this.

Andrei