The D language online tour - tour.dlang.org

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 07:37:13 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 09:18:07 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2016 at 17:32:06 UTC, André wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after another round of polishing, bug fixing, very useful user
>> contributions and suggestions, I'd like to present the new
>> home of the D language online tour:
>>
>> http://tour.dlang.org/
>>
>> Thank you very much to the D foundation for hosting this
>> service!
>>
>> If you would like to report errors or have suggestions, please
>> use GitHub:
>>
>> https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>> André
>
> I just yesterday managed to go trough the tour - great work!
>
> Just a few suggestions:
> a) There should be a direct link to a form on every page to
> give feedback, if you find an error, if you are new it is way
> to complicated to search for the "right" place to put
> hints for broken links or similar errors.

Yep we are aware of this
(https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/issues/37) and once we
split the tour into separate files (PR is already pending -
https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/224), this will
happen!

> b) The broken link is here:
> http://tour.dlang.org/tour/welcome/4
>
> Dub Repository points to: (http:// is missing)
> http://tour.dlang.org/tour/welcome/code.dlang.org

Reported: https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/230

Thanks!

> c) It would be very nice if the "swipe gesture" on an pad would
> be detected.
> Or alternatively the forward an back button should be on the
> top to.

Hehe we have had similar ideas:

https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/221

> d) It would be very useful to add direct links to the chapters
> of:
> Programming in D from Ali Çehreli

Already part of our roadmap - we just need a bit more man power
;-)

https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/issues/193