GSoC 2018 - Your project ideas

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Mon Dec 11 12:08:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:14:29 +0000, Martin Tschierschke wrote:

> I recommend to add a "donate for button", and to evaluate and visualize
> how many people are donating, for a certain package. This might give
> strong evidence where to invest more time - man power.
> In the first step the D Foundation should get all money and should try
> to use it to support the most often selected packages,
> to avoid loosing focus.

If something looks like donating money is going to support the development
of a project, then any many received needs to actually support that
project. A home page with a "support the D Foundation" link is fine; the
foundation receiving the money from a donate button on vibe-d's project
page is not, unless the vibe-d maintainer(s) make that decision.