GSoC 2017 Application Rejected

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 10 12:21:56 PST 2017

Hi Craig,

So sorry to hear that this happened.  I know very well from
working with you last year how much care and attention you put
into GSoC, so I can imagine how you must feel right now.

In the circumstances it seems best to focus on: how could we try
to stop something like this happening again?  One thing that
occurs to me is that it might be a good idea for the email
address through which the application is submitted to forward to
a couple of other people, who could step in should there be an
emergency like this (with the principle being, whoever gets such
an emergency alert deals with it ASAP, unless they hear that it's
dealt with from the other people involved).

What do you think?

Best wishes,

     -- Joe