DCompute is now in the master branch of LDC

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 29 20:15:03 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 02:46:12 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/29/2017 6:10 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> there are also GitHub topics [1] which I will also properly
>> fill out. I just done a pass over the README.md
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/blog/2309-introducing-topics
>
> Good. Making the content google-friendly is also extremely
> important. Back in the early daze of D, I knew that "D" was not
> google-able, so I was careful to always have the phrase "D
> programming language" somewhere in text about D, and I'd
> harangue others to do the same. Since google knows about "D"
> now, this is less important.

I suspect that this will have less of an effect dcompute as
"dcompute" is likely to have a far greater signal to noise ratio
than "D" in its infancy simply due to its frequency on the web,
but I take your point.

I also plan on getting the documentation up to snuff because I
know the effect that will have. I have experience learning with
OpenCL (less successful, confusing documentation) and CUDA (more
successful, coherent documentation). Yes there are other reasons
as to the relative successes of OpenCL vs CUDA, but if we are
trying to take marketshare from OpenCL and CUDA of both new and
experienced users of heterogenous computing good documentation
will go a long way.