code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 13:11:16 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 11:54:47 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:

> fyi "deprecated" code-d beta and normal code-d is exactly the
> same plugin right now using exactly the same serve-d versions,
> except for the deprecation message.

I wouldn't be complaining if it's not the case. With normal
code-d it does remove everything in %appdata%/code-d on start,
re-setting config paths(even though for exapmle dub is in PATH),
downloading git repo, fails to build, and repeat, while with beta
there is no such issues.

I would also suggest you to add explicit --compiler=dmd switch to
build invocation since for example in my case dmd was in PATH env
after ldc and so ldc used by default, which of course doesn't
have x86_mscoff arch. I also think it is probably better to add
--build=release too, since users usually don't do debug on that
binaries.

What about workspaces? Let for exapmle have main project (really
just a dub project with single app.d for testing library) and
library project in one workspace. I don't get any autocompletion
from both projects.
It also doesn't seems to work with dependency that has path
property set, at least not when it's relative.
Is this ok?