DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Dec 22 17:22:05 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 17:13:06 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 16:57:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>
>> I'm not trying to discuss it with you or the community. I'm
>> asking the D team who're making this decision why it's being
>> made, despite all the reasoning in that thread, and
>> reiterating that it's a bad move. I suspect they're not
>> thinking this through, but they can speak for themselves.
>
> The decision was made because your reasoning failed to convince
> anyone involved in the planning that maintaining the current
> format of DConf is a mistake. Nor do they agree with you that
> it's a bad move. We like the current format and see no need to
> change it at this time.

I see, so you admit no reasoning was involved on your part?
Because you present none, either there or here.

> If you would like to carry on another debate about this, please
> open another thread in thhe General forum. This one isn't the
> place for it. Thanks!

As I just noted, I don't care to "debate" it with people who make
no arguments. Instead, I'm asking you or whoever made this
horrible decision why it's being made.

If it's such a great idea, that should be an easy case to make,
compared to the alternatives given. Yet all I get is a bunch of
stone-walling, suggesting no reasoning was actually involved,
just blindly aping others and the past.