I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 13:15:07 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 12 July 2018 at 12:07:55 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 at 17:25:11 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
> Whether or not rust, go, etc. are just as or more popular than
> C++ or Java in 30 years remains to be seen.

Rust and Go have their strengths, but also suffer from serious
usability flaws, so I'm not sure they can become as predominant
as C++ in the years to come.

At the moment, developing in Rust can be quite painful because of
too much focus on its borrow checker, as the reference counting
system is just a side feature, which is not deeply integrated
into the language.

And Go suffers from its own problems, mainly related to the
excessive limitation of the language features (no genericity,
"fake" class inheritance, etc).

De facto they are already making room for another language to
ultimately fill those gaps...

This may be Crystal, D or another yet to come language...