SecureD moving to GitLab

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jun 6 09:17:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-05 at 13:43 -0600, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> […]
>
> Fortunately, it's not usually a problem, but it's something that any
> programmer who writes code in their free time has to be aware of. In
> most
> cases, if you have a reasonable employer, you can do whatever
> programming
> you want in your free time so long as it's not related to what you
> work on
> at work. But it is occasionally a problem.

It is worth noting that any employer who understands software
development and is involved in software development will write into the
contract of employment that all software created by an employee at any
time is the property of the employer. However, they must also have a
system for explicitly allowing employees to work on code in their own
time (or even on company time) that is then contributed under some
licence or other. The point here is that the employee effectively has
first refusal on all software created.

This is of course in the jurisdiction of England & Wales, but Scotland
is no different really. I'll bet this is true in the various
jurisdictions of the USA.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200