D compilation is too slow and I am forking the compiler

Laeeth isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Thu Nov 29 09:12:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 13:05:34 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 12:48:46 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
> wrote:
>>
>> D isn't really marketed and it's definitely not sold.  That's
>> an implicit strategy in itself.
>

> What I see in my (absurdly competitive) market is that the
> people that truly do no-marketing tend to close shop, sometimes
> despite very competitive offerings.
>
> It colors my perception of course, since it can be very
> tempting to appeal to a limited pool of discerning customers;
> but that would mean death.

What is the ratio of expenditure of your best customer to an
average customer?   Not much.  That's one main reason why your
intuition developed by organising your emotions according to your
business domain fits this domain less.

What is the ratio of expenditure of the biggest 'customer' of
Python to the average 'customer'?  Measured by resources lent to
the community directly or indirectly, or by the wage bill of
programmers at that firm working in Python this ratio is enormous.