[OT] Cleanest look is a UI design failure (was Re: New DConf Blog Post)

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 17:27:47 UTC 2019

On 04/09/2019 08:45 AM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

 > I do think a lot of
 > designers these days go overboard with removing as much as they can

I've been setting the keyboard layout of my OS interfaces to Dvorak for
20 years. Many Windows and Linux environments included...

I simply could not figure out how to do the same thing on a Windows 10
work laptop. I had to find the answer on the good old internet. It turns
out, I had to click something on the screen which gave no indication of
clickability. What a design failure...

Ali