Let's celebrate Dlang on D day

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 27 00:42:03 UTC 2019

On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 00:12:51 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> Don't know about Europe, but here in the US, an unfortunate
> part of the basic culture is that people tend to spend their
> entire lives here going around LOOKING for reasons to be
> offended, and by golly, they WILL be CERTAIN to find it whether
> it exists or not.

Keep in mind that we in Europe still have a memory in society of
nazi boots walking in our streets, ripping people out of their
beds and sending them to concentration camps.

And we know there are some people in our society that are willing
to pick up that ideology. A small group perhaps, but there is a
subconscious fear that those will rise again in a new shape or
form. It wasn't only Germans that were nazis, they were
everywhere. They were among our own people too.

So, demanding respect for those memorial days is also a way to
reject anyone who would play with that ideology in our own time.