DLS deprecation

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:25:46 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 April 2020 at 14:59:41 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your work! What do you think about
> transferring the project to dlang-community? Also, I think it's
> better to leave the VSCode extension in the marketplace, even
> if you're not able to continue working on it, people would
> still like to continue to use it. For example, I recently
> switched computers and I just found out that the extension was
> unpublished.

It could be transferred to dlang-community if other members
agreed to, but I don't know what this would achieve; I don't see
the benefit of adding an archived project there.

The reason I unpublished it is because I don't want to leave an
unmaintained extension in the marketplace. However, it's still
possible to use it, you simply need to clone the extension repo
with git, run `npm install` and `./node_modules/.bin/vsce
package`, and then install the resulting VSIX file from VSCode
(in the extension panel, there is an option to "install from
VSIX")