DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Format Assessment

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon Feb 24 17:59:27 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-24 10:02:26 +0000, Mike Parker said:

> The DIP review process is outlined here:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs
>
> The final decision rests with the language maintainers. Now, that means
> Walter and Atila.

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance... How about adding a note who the
"language maintainers" are?

> ... If that proposal and its review manage to convince Walter and
> Atila, then the feature gets in.

Ok. I understand.

> The DIP process is one way to approach that. It allows everyone to
> provide feedback and influence the drafting of the DIP. That requires
> convincing the DIP author to revise the DIP and ultimately convincing
> the language maintainers to accept it. It means there's a high barrier
> for acceptance, but in my own opinion that's how it should be.

I agree. My impression and point was (after following the topic loosly)
that the DIP might be close to find a good solution and that it was
suddenly withdrawn. But anyway...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com