My Android project nearing beta

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:35:28 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 at 17:12:01 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> A question that comes to mind with respect to your JNI work: Is
> this specific to Android, or could we use it, for instance, as
> a way to call Java functions from R, where we use D as a bridge
> to simplify things?

That should be possible. And the bindings generator and packing
techniques should work on other things too. All I did here was
run it on android.jar, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work
on other jars too, perhaps with adjustments for like java.lang.X
so it pulls them from another source if necessary.

The jni thing is not specific to Android at all (which is also
why I put it in my arsd repo instead of the d_android one). In
fact, most my testing of it has been done outside android since
it is so much more convenient. I have tested on 64 bit Windows
and 64 bit Linux as well, it should work anywhere else D and the
jvm both run.