Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jul 6 09:53:18 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 5 July 2020 at 14:29:22 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

> It's a resource question again. I'm all for that for example D
> should have a native alternative to curl including SSL/TLS
> support. If someone is willing to invest the man hours into
> such project, I'm all for it. Nim went that way having partial
> native http support so it isn't impossible.

I agree, that would be really nice. Unfortunately it's quite
tricky if you want to integrate with the platform provided TLS
implementation [1]. Unless you're suggesting to create a crypto
library from scratch, which is a whole different beast, and
probably a bad idea [2].

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/prsrbzoanxwytrtpyqgv@forum.dlang.org
[2]