DIP 1038--"@mustUse" (formerly "@noDiscard")--Accepted

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 19:14:50 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 17:07:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 16:20:07 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> I did not reply (and do not intend to reply) to any of the
>> numerous other statements you have made in your other replies
>> to this thread, since they are statements about the design of
>> the D language and the DIP process in general, and are not
>> directly relevant to DIP 1038.
>
> Well, but it is relevant to the outcome.

Let me rephrase: I do not understand why you feel the need to
direct these messages at me, personally. I am not a member of the
D Language Foundation, and have no particular influence over the
DIP process or the design of the D language.

If you have ideas or concerns you wish to present to D's
leadership, my advice is to either (a) write a DIP, or (b) get in
touch with Mike Parker about attending one of the D Language
Foundation's monthly meetings (see the bottom of [his latest
meeting summary post][1] for details).

[1]:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/tesktfsmdglmzbhzypsx@forum.dlang.org