A New Game Written in D

Kenny Shields mail at kennyshields.net
Wed May 18 17:50:37 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 18 May 2022 at 12:13:57 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

> Nice game. Would definately be interested in seeing an open
> source D game engine :)
>
> I had the following problems with the game:
> - obstacles have unforgiving hit box, making it difficult to
> move
> - I don't have a qwerty keyboard, it doesn't seems like I can
> play on an azert keyboard
> - crash when changing map to large (and changing almost all
> start settings too)

Thank you for playing! Sorry about the crash, is there additional
info that you can provide (OS, system resources, etc) so that I
can look into it? It might be that the larger maps are a bit
unstable (I haven't tested them as much), but you are saying that
you had some issues with the other game settings as well?

Regarding the hit boxes, you are right, some of them are pretty
extreme. Not much that I can do about the walls but I should make
some of the entity-based ones better (like the rocks). Also I'll
look into adding functionality for changing the keybindings for
users with non-qwerty layouts.