Ddbg UTF-8 problem?

Mike vertex at gmx.at
Thu Aug 2 08:07:12 PDT 2007

dickl Wrote:

> I've seen the UTF problem with fixed length strings (writefln has the
> same problem). Initializing them to 0 before using fixes the problem .

I don't use any fixed-length strings. It's either literals or "string" (D 2.0). It occured to me: Maybe it's D 2.0 causing this problem?

> Are you sure that writefln or writef (or format / sformat) aren't
> throwing an exception rather than ddbg ?

No, without Ddbg it's just an Access Violation. I found the null reference and fixed it in the meantime, writefln worked without problem all the time (I use %s with all strings). Ddbg still gives me the error, even if the code now runs without bugs.

> Set a break point to the 1st line of code (main or winmain) and then r.
> Step thru the program to see where it dies.

Tried that already, doesn't work.

-Mike