FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Aug 7 08:17:57 PDT 2006

MatthiasM wrote:

> as promised, I have put a first attempt at D-FLTK onto our Subversion
> system. The test application "hello" runs already on OS X.

Looking good! Ran into some minor problems with GDC 0.19:
fl/mac.d:295: shadowing declaration fl.mac.Fl_X.make.w is deprecated
fl/mac.d:1253: shadowing declaration fl.mac.do_queued_events.ret is
deprecated

But they were easy enough to work around by renaming them:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/fltk-mac-5282.patch

No way to quit the app but to force-quit it, but looks OK:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/hello-fltk-mac.png

Great work anyway! And since it is LGPL, you can take Mac code
from the similarly licensed GTK and wxWidgets projects as needed.

BTW; Don't you want to version it "Carbon" rather than "Apple" ?
And I'd put the headers in std.c.macosx instead of std.c.osx...

And there are some Makefiles snippets in wxD, if you want to make
application bundles - rather than play around with resource forks.

--anders