DlangIDE

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 07:04:15 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 12:39:19 UTC, BBasile wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 06:45:42 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 29 August 2015 at 15:45:14 UTC, default0 wrote:

>>> Last Commit has been on 5th May, just another Dead IDE?
>>
>> I was stuck on attempts to implement debugger support to
>> DlangIDE.
>
> You know, DLangIDE will never grow if you don't use it
> **yourself**. By experience I can tell that you don't use it
> (because for example: it uses DCD and DCD had a lot of issues
> and I've never seen any report from you. When one really uses a
> software one always finds a bug...).

Agree. For me, debugger support is stopper now.
DCD provides minimal functionality to get IDE usable for now.
But I cannot use IDE for development if there is no debug support.

> It's just like if Linus would use Windows.
>
> You don't even trust in your own shitz.
>
> ---
>
> Debugger support: peer pressure for Dwarf on all the platforms,
> then GDBMI parser...this is how I see the thing.

Thank you for pointing at GDBMI. Let me check it.
Is there any GDB version which can load Windows X64 executables
generated by DMD?
I see errors like "... not in executable format: File format not
recognized" when trying to open executable with GDB.