[SOLVED] Building fails using VisualD; works under dub

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:41:59 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 at 10:38:27 UTC, ShadoLight wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 at 10:27:28 UTC, ShadoLight
> wrote:
>> Hi,

[snip]

>> cannot monitor 64-bit executable dmd, no suitable tracker.exe
[snip]

OK, so I found this on the forum [1], where Rainer indicated that
tracker.exe is part of MS-Build.

Searching on my drive I found tracker.exe is actually part of the
Windows SDK (in both x32 and x64 flavours), so I guess what
Rainer is referring to as "MS-Build" is actually the
(command-line) build system of the SDK.

But its location was not specified in my PATH environment
variable.

Updating my PATH with its location [2] cured the problem.

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/oqa9in$2scu$1@digitalmars.com
[2] c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\NETFX
4.0 Tools\

So all is good again!