Best IDE

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 19:13:14 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 07:50:18 UTC, number wrote:
> I just checked again using 'dfmt' and this seems to be resolved.
> But my 'Go to Declaration' doesn't do anything. I tried local
> variables, classnames/types or import statements. Do I need to
> setup something? I have set '/usr/include/dmd/gtkd3' in Ide
> Lang Settings Import Path. BTW: What does '[x] List local
> symbols' do?

Since I'm busy with other things at the moment, I haven't worked
much on ide-dlang, other plugins or their backend (only a handful
of fixes in the past month), so I'm thinking the issue with dfmt
was something with Atom or atom-ide-ui.

I know that Atom can use ctrl+click for both go-to-definition and
multi-cursor, so if it's set up for multi-cursor then you cannot
use ctrl+click for going to definitions.
I just tested on my machine and it seemed to work alright (Linux
x64, Atom 1.36.0, atom-ide-ui 0.13.0). What platform are you on,
and did it ever work before ?

The "List local symbols" setting is for the symbol outline, if
it's checked then local variables are going to be shown in the
outline view. By default it's disabled because it can easily
clutter the view.