Visual D 0.51.0-beta1: DMD based semantic engine

AlphaPurned Alpha at Beta.com
Thu Nov 28 15:51:28 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 18:11:29 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just released a new beta version of Visual D, see
>
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.51.0-beta1
>
> The most important new feature: a semantic engine based on the
> DMD frontend. You can enable it with the respective option on
> the global TextEditor->D->"Intellisense" options page.
>
> I think it already works quite well for browsing source code,
> but I haven't yet worked too much on code completion.
>
> Some known issues:
>
> - dmdserver.exe eats a lot of memory, you might want to kill
> the process from time to time.

Why not monitor the amount it is using and how much to the total
and kill it automatically? or could it be killed for every
compilation just in case to prevent out of memory errors if the
free memory is not significant. Not sure if there is some good
option here but it should be automatable for the most part.