VisualD - Performance, Memory Usage, & Update Crash

Marcel marcelpi97 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 20:52:57 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 at 22:22:28 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 10/02/2020 19:54, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>> 1- I have a PC and a laptop. The former has Windows 10
>>> installed and the latter has Windows 7: for some reason the
>>> "Check Now" button, for updating VisualD and the various
>>> compilers, causes Visual Studio to instantly crash with no
>>> error message, followed by a program restart. I've faced this
>>> issue only recently in my Windows 7 laptop.
>>
>> I haven't tried to run Visual D in Windows 7 in a while, maybe
>> the update mechanism has a problem there. What version of VS
>> are you using?
>>

> I got hold of a Windows 7 VM and could reproduce the crash: it
> happens due to unexpected problems with https-requests. The dmd
> download is still using http and works for me.
>
> I can avoid the crashes (showing an error in the status bar
> instead), but I haven't found a solution yet for WinHttp not
> allowing the secure connection.

Hello!
Yesterday I reinstalled VisualD and performance greatly improved,
I suspect I had enabled both the UFCS and mixin sematic analysis
options. I'm also glad you found the reason for the crash in
Windows 7.
By the way, can I contribute to VisualD in some way?