LDC for Windows

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Mon Dec 2 00:36:29 PST 2013

Hi Mike!

LDC can be compiled with MSVC without problems. If you link again
a LLVM with ARM backend, then there should be no problem using
Visual-D and LDC.
But you should be aware of the broken EH handling
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/489) and possible
problems with floats
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/259).

I use MSVC for most of LDC development so it is quite usable.

Another possible solution is to use mingw32. The binary from the
release contains only the X86 backend but it is quite easy to
link against a LLVM with ARM backend. I am unsure if the mingw32
based LDC can be used with Visual-D.

Regards,
Kai