D compiler for Android

ZombineDev via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 13:26:38 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 16:46:30 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Which interests you: binary, build script, or Termux package?

I'm interested in getting LDC through Play Store! :D

Seriously, thanks to the excellent work you've been doing, this
may soon be a reality.

When the Vulkan API is officially released I'll make a D binding
for it (something along the lines of DerelictVulkan) and it would
be awesome if I can make it available for Android, in addition to
Linux and Windows. Perhaps such a library (along with sample
apps) will be useful for you to test the Android support that
you're developing.

Anyway, I think that both scripts and precompiled binaries are
useful. Currently I don't have any dev tools on my phone, so I
would prefer something that I could easily test without external
dependencies. On the other hand, when I become more interested in
development for Android, I'll probably use the scripts to get the
latest LDC from git. I haven't heard about Termux, so I will
check it.