Linking bug?

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 13 07:21:58 PDT 2016

Hi there,

On 13 Jun 2016, at 11:57, Satoshi via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Can someone tell me if this is a bug or must I add .a libs to the .so
> in other way?
>
> Im using 1.0.0 LDC for compiling/linking on arch linux with custom
> compiled druntime and phobos.

In general, shared library support is only meant to work with druntime
itself being built as a .so instead of linked in as a static library.

The symptoms you describe seem a bit bizarre, though. I'd suggest to try
building against a proper shared library as intended first to see if
they persist.

  — David