GSoC'19: Any LLVM based idea? If not let's think one!

Reshabh Sharma reshabhsh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:57:20 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm Reshabh Sharma, a senior year undergrad from India. I
completed my last GSoC'18 successfully with LLVM
(http://blog.llvm.org/2018/09/integration-of-libc-and-openmp-packages.html).

I was always interested in compilers, but the last GSoC and LLVM
dev meeting have given it a different shape!

These days I'm working on a patch on a Global Instruction
Scheduler in the optimization phase of LLVM and got another
project on Alias Analysis in LLVM from the start of next year in
todo list.

LDC uses LLVM as back-end, I would be happy if you have some
LLVM/compiler related stuff in wishlist that I can do with D lang
this GSoC'19.

Some specific IR passes for D or anything more at the backend
side, it will help me to become a better compiler engineer (that
I aim to become).

I would be glad to see some core compiler/llvm based ideas
floating and would be very happy if someone is ready to mentor me
for this GSoC.

Best,
Reshabh Sharma