GSoC'19: Any LLVM based idea? If not let's think one!

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Wed Dec 12 22:50:16 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 17:57:20 UTC, Reshabh Sharma
wrote:

> I would be glad to see some core compiler/llvm based ideas
> floating and would be very happy if someone is ready to mentor
> me for this GSoC.

I'm not sure whether I have the time to mentor, but some ideas
that involve LDC and LLVM :

- exploiting immutability of variables (notably of structs such
as string slices)
- devirtualization
- improve debuginfo
- ASan with GC and multithreading
- function multiversioning

Browsing our issue tracker on Github helps. There are a number of
ideas posted there.

With which organisation would you submit your idea? (For LDC, you
should contact Dlang foundation)

-Johan