help posting a bug

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Thu Feb 23 22:23:50 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:36:31 +0000, Ant wrote:

> this is what I get from a debug session:
>
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x0804e0f9      359                                             dd.foo();
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x0804e0fb      359                                             dd.foo();
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x080c8568 in _D3gdk6Window6Window4moveFiiZv ()
>
> dd is in fact an instance of class Window in module gtk.Window.
> DMD got it right so far.
>
> but why would the method void move(int,int) be called
> instead of the method void foo() ????????????????
>
> I posted a similar problem about a year and a half ago just to be ignored.
>
> so help me: how do I post this in the bugs group?

There is not enough information in this post to get any help but guesses.

Have you got some source code we can look at? I see from the DUI forum that
you can't reduce the size of the source code to narrow it down. Well, maybe
someone else can if you don't know how to - or are you saying that if you
delete *anything* from the source, the problem goes away? If not, just keep
removing things until the problem does go away. That will give you a clue
or two about what might be causing it.  (Take a full back up first, of
course).

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)