Getting going with D/OpenGL

clayasaurus clayasaurus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 13:59:16 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> What's the easiest way to get going with OpenGL under D?
> It seems like Derelict has OpenGL support using SDL, but I don't really
> like SDL's single-window limitation or draconian approach to window
> resizing (i.e. trash all your textures).
>
> Are there other options?  What's the best supported / actively developed?

In defense of SDL...

1) Losing the OpenGL context on window resize only happens on Windows
2) Multi-window support in the future
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=380142

However, if you are going to make an standard OpenGL GUI, you should
make it work with Win32, SDL, GLUT, GLFW, X, etc.