how to install?

glen worstell glen at worstell.com
Wed Feb 20 10:15:10 PST 2008

Thanks, Ary, for the short, clear, and correct instructions. In seconds I was able
to compile and run hello.d

However, when I copy hello.d to some other directory, I get the following error
message:

D:\glensDocs\dmdProgs>dmd hello.d
hello.d(2): module Stdout cannot read file 'tango\io\Stdout.d'

At least now, thanks to your instructions, I can try out d. I'll spend some more
hours determining how to use d with source code in an arbitrary directory, or
maybe you or some other kind person will take a minute to describe how to set up
the correct environment variables, or sc.ini, or whatever.

Once I get this all sorted out, with the help of other users, I'll write it up and
ask Walter to put it on his web site.

Cheers,
g.