Web development howto?

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Fri Apr 22 00:27:56 PDT 2011

On 22/04/2011 03:53, Jaime Barciela wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm going though TDPL and I just joined this list.
>
> I've been looking for guidance on how to do web applications in D but
> I haven't found anything.
>
> My background is not C/C++ but Java (and Delphi many years ago) so I
> have not only a new language but a new culture to get used to as well.
>
> Could somebody give me some pointers?
>
> Thanks
> Jaime

The simplest way to make a web application with D is to use CGI/FastCGI
etc. There are also at least two frameworks in development (that I know
of), one is significantly more developed.

http://arsdnet.net/dcode/ - see web.d, cgi.d etc, this is the most
mature (that I know of).

https://github.com/mrmonday/serenity - One I'm working on. It's due to
undergo significant changes and is lacking a lot of basic functionality,
so I'd avoid it, for now at least.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/