Linux: How to statically link against system libs?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon May 9 23:31:58 PDT 2011

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:iq9ujn$111t$1 at digitalmars.com...

> If anyone's curious, I did get a basic D cgi app to work, too (ie,
> Compiling on CentOS 4.2 in a VM and uploading to my shared host server),
> but I had to:
>
> 1. Recompile DMD (Because the precompiled DMD would immediately quit with
> a "Floating point exception" message, even if called with zero args).
>
> 2. Remove "-L--no-warn-search-mismatch" (Because otherwise, when it tried
> to link, the GCC in CentOS 4.2 would error out and complain that wasn't a
> valid switch.)
>
> As a little bonus, the C test app I compiled in the CentOS 4.2 VM also ran
> fine on my physical Kubuntu 10.04 box. Although the D one segfaulted. No
> big deal deal though, it's easy enough to compile on that box.
>
> The only problem I'm having now (aside from the fact that I haven't
> attempted to deal with the other shared host server yet - the debian one
> from the horrible ipower company),

Damn, it seems that ipower's CGI support is limited to perl and python (even
though they conveniently make no mention of that anywhere except *inside*
the logged-in member-only section). Oh well, maybe I'll luck out and be able
to convine the client to use a less sucky host on my second attempt :/  But
I dunno, he seems to be pretty in love with them.