[OT] Job postings

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Sep 13 06:37:16 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 13:20:57 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> OT question -- is there an etiquette/standard accepted practice
> for posting news of job openings to the D community?  I
> wouldn't normally do this, but in this case it's on behalf of
> friends for whom I have a very great deal of respect and who I
> think would be very exciting to work for.
>
> Sad to say they're not D-related positions (I keep lobbying
> them, though:-) but I imagine there are people in this
> community who would make an excellent fit for the company in
> question.
>
> Anyway, let me know what the accepted form is (even if it's
> "Don't do it!").
>
> Thanks & best wishes,
>
>     -- Joe

I don't think it is really appropriate for positions unrelated
with D (or language design). It is not bad on its own but where
are we going to draw the line? In general, random ads is not
something I'd like to see in newsgroup :)

What about posting to D group in linkedin, Google+ or any other
unofficial D community hub?