Why is Linux the only OS in version identifier list that has a lowercase name?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 12 12:15:33 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 18:23:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Well, work has been done to make it so that different runtimes
> will work - e.g. there's a CRuntime_Glibc and a CRuntime_Bionic.

That's pretty cool.  Was that a result of the recent Android
porting work, or was it a longer-standing division?

>                  So, druntime is a lot better off than just
> linux vs FreeBSD vs whatever. But it wouldn't surprise me in
> the least if someone using something like Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
> would find some problems with what we currently have.

Ah, fun stuff :-)

BTW, glad to see you will be making it to DConf -- looking
forward to catching up with you!