Things that keep D from evolving?

NX via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 05:01:29 PST 2016

On Monday, 8 February 2016 at 22:21:50 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> The GC itself may still be far from perfect but its much better
> than it was, and there are more options now.  I have found emsi
> containers (built on top of Andrei's allocator) pretty nice
> myself for my own use.

Well, GC being better than it used to be doesn't change the fact
it's still the worst of it's kind. I don't know if this[1] work
actually got released or merged but looks like it's abandoned.
Pretty sad as it seemed very promising.

Anyway, I was expecting a lot more people to tell their specific
problems, like "bla bla design desicion makes ARC incredibly
dangerous and we can't properly interface with Objective-C
without that" or like "bla bla D feature overlaps with some other
stuff and requires redesign to be solved" or maybe "being unsafe
(@system) by default breaks the deal"...
GC is just one of the hundreds of problems with D and it was an
example rather than the main point in this thread but thanks for
anyone who replied.

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.655.1399956110.2907.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com