dlang.org using apache?

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 10:43:03 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 17:05:42 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 15:51:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 15:05:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
>> wrote:
>>> The forum-index http header report:
>>>
>>> Server:nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)
>>>
>>> People check out stuff like that.
>>
>> Yeah, and that's an industry-standard production deployment.
>>
>> But perhaps we should just change the server line for the
>> people who do look at it. No need to change the deployment,
>> just the apache/nginx config to spit out something different.
>
> I can picture the article now:
>
>> The D programming language maintains its own web framework
>> called vibe.d, but the official website dlang.org doesn't use
>> it.  Instead they use the Apache framework written in C.  They
>> also decided to modify Apache to make it look like their own
>> vibe.d framework.  Apparently tricking people into thinking
>> they use their own code was easier the actually using it.

Did you even bother reading my response????
Stop wasting your time by trolling - make a difference!

----------

I agree - this is bikeshedding. We all rely on existing software
for our day to day life. I quickly checked the first hit server
for other languages - have a look:

rust.org: nginx
php.net: nginx
julia.org: Apache
scala-lang.org: Apache
julia-lang.org: Github
python.org: nginx
www.cplusplus.com: Apache
perl.org: Apache
developer.mozilla.org: Apache
ruby-lang.org: nginx
swift.org: Apache

... and the last time I checked all of them use the C
implementation of git for their source code ;-)

Mike's call for help was about actively _improving_ dlang.org by
pointing out

- what is (or could be) confusing for newcomers
- bad written texts
- missing examples
- not user-friendly parts of the documentation
- missing info
- ...

Basically everything that could stop someone from having awesome
first five minutes with D!