Game Development Using D

Rishub Nagpal via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 21 11:56:09 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 at 15:53:18 UTC, David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to try to create a game using D. I'm a complete newbie
> though (other than having C/C++ experience). Where would I
> start? Does D have an openGL binding? I am assuming I'll need
> to leverage a good amount C APIs? Any list of these that would
> be useful it a game setting?
>
> Obviously this all depends on *how* much work I want to do.
> Ideally, I'd like a collection of tools that will get me
> roughly the equivalent of what XNA provides.

I use GFM, https://github.com/d-gamedev-team/gfm

It's pretty easy to use and saves alot of headache. Downside is
that the documentation is somewhat outdated (namely close()
functions are deprecated, you have to use the destroy attribute,
or typecons).

SDL + OpenGL is easy with GFM.

here is a good opengl tutorial : http://www.learnopengl.com/