Problem getting Cimgui to work

Thomas earthwormjimmy at gmx.at
Wed Dec 6 19:59:47 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 19:37:54 UTC, Thomas wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 19:12:43 UTC, drug wrote:
>> I've check it before posting using old version dmd 2.073 and
>> it works.
>> What dmd version you compile with?
>
> Hi. The newest as I know. Version 2.077.0   (64bit Version)
>
> But the error messages in my last post don't seem to relate to
> my problem, but of some depricated stuff of dmd module "conv".
>
> I am now analysing your way to implement Cimgui into your
> project. As far as I could find out till now youre using a
> script to clone the whole cimgui stuff into your project
> directory. I didn't know that this is possible :-)
> The next difference I found is the -shared flag on compilation
> of the cimgui files. Maybe that is the big deal.
> And at last point loading the shared lib is totaly different.
>
> I will try it the same way. If it loads the shared library
> correct thats more than I could hope :-)
>
> Thank you.

I tried it now your way. First I cloned cimgui + imgui inside my
project the same way with the build.sh script. That worked out of
the box.
Next I wrote a new app.d file only using the necessary code for
testing:

import std.stdio;
import derelict.imgui.imgui: DerelictImgui;

int main()
{
    DerelictImgui.load("DerelictImgui/cimgui/cimgui/cimgui.so");
    return 0;
}

After compiling with dub again the same problem with symbol names
->

"Failed to load symbol igSetNextWindowSizeConstraints from shared
library DerelictImgui/cimgui/cimgui/cimgui.so"

strange..