dmd-2.078.2 problems with Ubuntu 17.10 32Bit

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Tue Feb 13 22:21:18 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 21:25:44 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> El 13/02/18 a les 08:03, Martin Tschierschke via
> Digitalmars-d-learn ha escrit:
>> On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 21:18:01 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
>>> El 12/02/18 a les 21:56, Martin Tschierschke via
>>> Digitalmars-d-learn ha escrit:

>>> d-apt <http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/>
>>
>> After setting ulimit -c unlimited to get the core dumped, I
>> took a look with gdb, to find a hint, now realizing, that it
>> is probably the same problem as here:
>> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/jjaynewwdsyntyehvahq@forum.dlang.org?page=1
>>

> A fresh install from d-apt on Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit, and
> everything worked fine.

I tried a lot, there is special bug new on ubuntu 17.10 in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/d-apt.list

!!! I had to change http://... to https://

Before that I imported the key with
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys
EBCF975E5BA24D5E

I am not sure if this was necessary, probably not.

Than I was able to call

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y --allow-unauthenticated
install --reinstall d-apt-keyring && sudo apt-get update

and install with

sudo apt-get install dmd-compiler dub

But unfortunately still the same core dump.

Is there anyone using Ubuntu 17.10 32 Bit?

I will downgrade to 16.04., the dist-upgrade to 17.10 was a
mistake, resulting in problems with startx and newer kernels so I
have to use 4.10.