Where are declared and how to make build these c identifiers?

destructionator at gmail.com destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:19:13 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 09:53:09PM -0300, Cleverson Casarin Uliana via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> OK, do I need to install the entire arsd package? I've saved the terminal.d
> file on an arsd directory I've just created inside the import directory, but
> trying to build it gives me lots of undefined symbol errors.

You just need to pass the terminal.d file to your build too.

dmd yourfile.d terminal.d

so it knows to include it.

> I want a generic function that returns what key I have pressed, including
> keys like the arrows, so I can for example play a sound on a given key
> press. If the method is portable among Windows, Linux and others, so better.

Yeah, terminal.d can do that, I don't remember if the getch function specifically
handles arrows... I think it does though, but I know for sure the other functions
do (you can do a full event loop with it)

> BTW, although not strictly on topic, I'd also apreciate portable functions
> to play and stop sounds assynchronously, similar to PlaySound on Windows...

so i have that but i'm not happy with it and it isn't documented...