Setting the GtkD Include Path in dexed?

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Mar 14 16:02:01 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 at 15:50:55 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Thanks for replying, Basile. It's always nice to get info
> straight from the original code author. :)
>
> On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 at 11:59:11 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>
>> 1. "Compile File and Run"
>>
>> It's for the scripts-like program, i.e single module. For
>> this, the dependencies must be registered in the "library
>> manager". An entry defines the import path (the dmd -I
>> option), and the static library file (*.a, *.lib depending on
>> the platform), and a few others fields.
>
> I added gtk-d to the library manager and now my code compiles
> when I select either 'Compile file', 'Compile file and run', or
> 'Compile file and run...'
>
> However, with the last two, the executible doesn't go the next
> step and actually run. The dexed window becomes deselected (and
> in the case of 'Compile file and run...', a dialog opens to ask
> for args) but I see no indicator of the application opening its
> window.
>
> Unless it's opening somewhere off my screen. I have two
> external monitors connected to a laptop which seems to confuse
> some applications, especially on Linux. I've been testing on
> Windows today, however, so I don't know if this is related or
> not.

You must register put the static library file, not the object I
thing, anyway, i just made you a video showing exactly what to do
since finally the linker error is gone (yay !), also launch one
of the demo file as a "runnable module".

https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/b120dc/register_gtkd_in_dexed/

It's good to see that the hard work to make this libman useful
works...